This holiday season, don’t forget to give a gift where it counts.
How do you handle charging your cell phone in the bedroom? Is it an extra-long cable, maybe 10 ft (3.048 m), plugged into a slow charging brick – forced into an overstuffed surge protector?
Do you find yourself plopping onto your bed or couch to ‘rest your eyes’ for a few seconds only to realize that what you actually want to do is sleep? If you’ve been in that situation, you know how arduous getting up to turn off the lights can be and how that desire to sleep can disappear as soon as you get up.
These 3 products will change your life, enhance your satisfaction in the bedroom, and or at the very least, make thoughtful gifts for family and friends.
Anker is a leading brand for their product design, charging innovations, and rapid growth. Wakey’s design earned a 2018 Golden Pin Design Award. Wakey is a personalizable alarm-clock that brings a lot to the table:
- Wireless-charging up to 10 Watts for the latest Android smart phones and up to 7.5 Watts for Qi-enabled iPhones.
- FM radio with Pre-Sets, Bluetooth connection, and Aux-cord input (for those archaic devices with headphone jacks).
- 15 individual alarms, with the ability to choose from 10 different sounds to wake up to, including the FM radio.
- 10 sleep-inducing ambient sounds, and with the Anker Soundcore App you have the ability to compose your own soothing soundscapes.
Check out the Anker Soundcore: Wakey | Check it out on Amazon
Kasa: Smart Home Wi-Fi Outlet
Kasa is a staple smart home brand and was the reader’s choice for PCMag in 2020. Their smart home products are compact and extremely price competitive. Smart outlets offer a simple and easy to set-up introduction to smart home devices, which can be used to control lights, surge protectors, countertop kitchen appliances and more, all from a phone. The Kasa Smart Home Wi-Fi Outlet includes:
- Voice control: These outlets work with Alexa and Google Home Assistant for hands free controlling of any home electronic appliances.
- Control from anywhere: The Kasa app allows you to turn your electronics on or off from your smartphone, whether you are at home, at work, or on vacation.
- Scheduling: Use timer and countdown schedules to set to automatically turn on and off any home electronic appliances such as lamps, fan, humidifier, Christmas lights etc.
- Run Time and Usage: View the total running time of your connected electronics to monitor their electricity usage to help cut down on energy consumption.
Check out the Kasa Wifi Smart Outlet | Check it out on Amazon
Govee: Smart Light Bulbs
With Govee, you’ll enter a great ecosystem of smart lights, strips, air purifiers and more. Choose one of their very affordable smart bulb. It’s a great way to get started in smart home lighting.
- Voice & App Control: Use the Govee Home app to control your lights from your smart phone or tablet. Use Alexa and Google Assistant to control your lights with your voice.
- Millions of Colors : Select any of 16 million colors for your lights to display. Upload a photo to the Govee Home app and you’ll be able to customize your lights to set the mood, scene, and atmosphere of your choice.
- Timer Functionality: Modes like Sunrise and Sunset will gradually brighten or dim your lights to wake-up when you do or turn off after you’ve fallen asleep.
- Replaces traditional bulbs that can be anywhere from 40-60 watts with a customizable, colorful 9 watt Govee bulb, saving energy.